Prayers for Victims

This is a picture from my friend's marina at Possum Kingdom Lake right outside of Fort Worth city limits. The area in flames is filled with houses and people frequently anchor their boats here.

I am dedicating this post to the victims of the recent storms: tornadoes, tsunamis, wildfires, and severe thunderstorms. I know people who have been directly affected by each and it devastates me that they are experiencing such tragedy beyond their control. I do not remember a storm system this bad in my lifetime and I've heard it is already breaking records. I thought the hail damage on my car was bad, but people have obviously lost houses, lake houses, and even loved ones.
It makes me so thankful for all I have and so grateful that neither I nor my family have experienced hurt from these terrible storms. Do not take warnings lightly, cherish loved ones, and help however you can because, face it, you are safe and some aren't.
Especially tonight we all need to pray for the victims of the most recent Tuscaloosa, AL storms. Many have already lost homes, family, and friends and most still need safety.

The Red Cross is conducting relief donations for these tragedies: http://triangleredcross.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment